Small businesses are the backbone of our economy, employing almost 2.5 million people in California alone. San Francisco Small Business Week gives us an opportunity to celebrate and honor small businesses who are making a difference, both in San Francisco and throughout the United States.
This year’s San Francisco Small Business Week runs from May 16 - 22. To celebrate, we are offering new small business customers 2 free months of Switch for up to 10 people, and 20% off of UberConference for up to 10 people.
Why move your small business to the cloud?
Technology has changed the way small businesses work. Cloud-based business software has allowed workers to get out of the office and work off of their mobile devices. But many small businesses are missing a complete unified communications solution—they have email and other productivity tools in the cloud, but are still struggling with traditional phone systems.
Switch completes the unified communications experience for small businesses with a cloud-based business phone system that integrates with Google Apps.
How can you participate in SF Small Business Week?
Join a #SFSBW2015 Event
San Francisco Small Business Week consists of a number of events over the week. At the Small Business Conference on Friday, May 22, you can learn about advertising with Google and get some training on small business technology. Or you can mingle with other small business merchants at the Champions Mixer or Flavors of San Francisco gathering.
Support a Local Business
Whether you live in San Francisco or not, SF Small Business Week is the perfect opportunity to support a local business. Go out and grab a coffee from your corner coffee-shop or buy that much-coveted painting from your favorite local gallery. Here are some of our San Francisco favorites:
- Grab last minute Giants tickets from GameTime.
- Get a new pair of summer slip ons from Blu Kicks.
- Grab a coffee from Blue Bottle.
- Snag a 415 phone number from Switch.
Connect on Twitter
- See what’s happening during San Francisco Small Business Week by following the official account @SFSmallBusiness or the hashtag #SFSBW2015.
- Get your daily fog forecast from @karlthefog
- Find out what’s going on at the SF Office of Small Biz @SFOSB
- Keep in touch with us @SwitchCo and @Uberconference.
- Oh, and be sure to use the official hashtag: #SFSBW2015.
Happy SF Small Business Week!
-The Switch Team