We want Switch to help you stay connected anywhere life takes you, and for some of you, keeping your existing phone number is essential to your business.
We know many of you have been waiting for porting in order to roll Switch out to your team, and whether you’re about to sign up or already a customer, you can now keep the number you love with the devices of your team’s choice.
Porting with Switch is free, and there is no downtime while you wait. When you sign up, we give you a temporary number to use before your company number is transferred over. Your company number will keep working during this transition. Once the porting completes, calls and texts to that number will ring through Switch.co.
Before starting your port request, be prepared with the following information:
- The first and last name of who owns the numbers
- The associated billing address
- The list of the numbers you want to port
- The associated account number (only needed for mobile numbers)
- The associated PIN number (only needed for mobile numbers)
Once you have those items ready, here’s how to transfer existing company numbers over to your Switch.co account in 3 easy steps:
1. In the Manage Team section of your Switch.co settings, click the “port numbers” button.
2. Enter the billing contact information for the numbers you want to port. Then, enter the numbers and choose which department or person you would like them assigned to.
3. Wait 3-5 business days for your carrier to approve your request. You can check the porting status in the Manage Team section of your settings.
Note: If you would like to port a toll-free number, contact email@example.com. We’ll get you started.
We’re committed to equipping businesses both big and small with a professional phone system that fits perfectly with their team’s work style. Porting is one of many exciting feature releases we have in store for our users, and we can’t wait to hear what you think.
Have questions about number porting? Check out the porting section of our help center or send us note at firstname.lastname@example.org.